mucous bowel movement bloody loss of appetite

My dog has had very loose almost liquid stools, lots of mucous in the stool and sometimes bloody. Loss of appetite but drinks water. Lack of energy. Any idea of problem?

Asked by Member 745343 on Oct 1st 2008 Tagged mucous, loosebowelmovement, lossofappetite in Health & Wellness

Answers

1. How old is this dog?
2. Where do you live?
3. Are your dog's vaccines current?
4. Any recent change in diet (food, treats, scraps, etc), environment, etc.?

There are too many unanswered questions in this post to even give you an IDEA as to what could be going on. Regardless, you really need to get your dog to a vet to rule out all possibilities (viral, parasitic, organ dysfunction, .........the list goes on.........).

Best wishes,

GET YO THE VET.wHEN YOUR DOG HAS BLOOD IN HIS STOOL OR URINE HE HAS A SERIOUS CONDITION. WOULD YOU GO TO THE DR. IF YOU HAD THOSE SYMPTOMS?

Andy

My andy had giardia once and he was very ill. He only weighs 5 lbs. or less so I took him to the vet immediately. You never know how serious it could be.

Andy answered on 10/20/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer