Zoey

Moving Help Please!!???

So in a week I'm moving to my first apartment by myself and I would love some advice on how to help my dog adjust to the whole experience and not stress her out!??

Other Important details:
~her name Zoey and she is 7 months old
~she has never been alone, I live with my grandmother and she has a older Chihuahua. ~I work night shift so when we move sshe'll be alone at night. right now If my grandmother leaves and I'm asleep Zoey will chew stuff up and get into stuff, this has just started in the last month!

Asked by Zoey on Oct 26th 2013 Tagged moving, stress, alone in Fears & Phobias

Best Answer

It will get worse before it gets better. Make sure to flea treat before ashe goes in because fleas can lie dormant in carpets for years. Have your dog sniff out the empty apartment for 10 minutes before you move in. Leave her back at your gram's in a place where she is not able to see things leaving. When you are done, bring her back and let her explore. Make sure her favorite things like blankets, bed, bowls, toys, treats etc. are waiting for her. This is her new territory and she may become territorial to people coming in if she is not well socialized. If you notice more behavior problems by the time she is a year, enroll her is a puppy training class nearby. Get a baby gate and keep her in the kitchen during the day until she is trained not to trash your new place. You can do it! ^_^

Tasha (in memory) answered on Oct 26th.

There Are No Other Answers