Fudge

Moving a dog from home to new home!

So my fiance and I are getting married and moving away. He well we now have a chocolate lab that lives at his house right now with another dog and a cat. I am just wondering if anyone has any tips on helping with getting him used to being alone?

We are also driving down to the new place and I was looking into a soft cage for him. I want him to be able to move freely and see us in the front and let us pet him. His mom wants us to take the hard cage with a blanket. I am worried about this only because it is to small for him. He is used to it but he can't move freely in it. He also only has the gated front to see out of and he enjoys going for rides int he car. From the past he has associated the cage with being in trouble. I do not want this for the move! I want him to be calm and not think in any way he is in trouble!! Will this also cause confusion with getting used to the new home?

PLEASE HELP!!

Asked by Fudge on Apr 23rd 2013 in Car Travel