Miniature bull terriers ears

I have just accquired a miniature bull terrier pup. He is two months old and lively and healthy, however when i saw him at the breeders at six weeks his ears were already erect. when i collected him a couple of weeks later his ears had flopped down.The breeder assured me that there is nothing to worry about as they should become erect within the next couple of months and that i should give him a dollop of natural yogurt every evening after his last meal as this will help with added calcium. She also added that i should be careful not to touch or damage the ears as once the cartilage is damaged the ears could remain down. My question is...should i be worried or just be patient and follow the breeders advice?

Asked by Member 1184629 on Aug 8th 2013 in Health & Safety

Answers

I would contact a member of your breed club from the AKC website and ask someone who is knowledgeable about the breed for a second opinion. Good luck!! (they are still cute with floppy ears) ^_^ www.akc.org (breed finder)