Chester

Loose neighbor dogs?

I have been recently been walking my dog down my street to a park everyday. My neighbor has an unfenced yard. The neighbor stopped me one day to ask me to walk on her side of the road because her 5 dogs are often loose and she did not want them to run across the road and get hit like one of her dogs did last fall and got killed. So for a couple days I did the neighborly thing and walked on her side. Today on the way to the park she told me "You have no idea what a pain this is" as she walked to her truck to stop some of her dogs from getting out. She failed and I had 3 dogs chase me and my dog. On the way back The same thing happened but I had to cross the road because they were so close. She has absolutely no voice control. I do not want any of the dogs involved to get hurt. What are some things I can do to prevent this from happening again?

Asked by Chester on Apr 12th 2014 Tagged neighbors, dogs, loose, problem in Laws & Legislation

Answers

I would call animal control. If she cared about her dogs, she would not let them loose like that. Since you have no control of her dogs, I would find another place to walk. Good luck!

I guess I would start from the perspective that she might not know she must contain her dogs. Maybe if you start by suggesting that she get a line, a leash, some kennels, or a fence. Let her know that if she's not compliant, she can be cited and fined by AC or her dogs removed.

If that doesn't work, I'd call AC and, in the meantime, find a safer route to walk.

You can ask your neighbor politely to walk her dogs on leash so they won't run loose on the streets.