Limping Front Leg.. addition...

Dog Breed: Valley Bulldog (boxer/Bulldog)
Weight: 62lbs
Not Crate Trained!!
Injury: Slipped on ice - Feb 2010
Vet said: 1st first he said that it was a soft tissue injury on her back hip (right side)and she needs bed rest and prescribed anti-inflammatory pills.. she then starting limping on her front left paw...
2nd vet... she got a x-ray done and no fracture or broken bones...she was once again prescribed anti-inflammatory pills and more bed rest... Miley (dog) is the hardest dog to keep on bed rest. I try to keep her tamed from Monday - Friday but on weekends, i let her running around a little cause she has soo much enjoy cause she's still a puppy..
What should I do... I don't think she's faking it... well I hope not...
Any recommendations????????

Asked by Member 991189 on Jun 9th 2010 in Health & Wellness

Answers

Is this a puppy? sometimes this breed can have Pano. It is not really known what causes it. It is something to mention to vet.
Also if it is a puppy sometimes this breed has difficulties in closing their palates. which is another thing to talk to vet about.
I recommend you take the dog to a state university who knows how to diagnosis this better and may be able to pinpoint what it is. They do alot of research with dogs and advance testing. Check out your state university or search online for universities who have research departments for animal health or a high tech vet program.
I have taken my dog to one for her OFA testing was cheaper and well worth it. They usually have a huge staff also

I will stay with my original thought of it being panosteoitis... I would suggest an xray of the LONG BONE & SHOULDER in that front leg and/or one of the femurs. And, I am also going to suggest you either start with a large breed puppy food OR continue with one if that is what she is eating currently. She is large enough to definitely have problems with Pano, and her history makes that seem likely to me.

I recommend massaging the areas with PETfection Joint Massage Oil. I used it on my weim when he pulled his leg/twisted his ankle and it helped immensley. WIthin in a few days he was back running around like a crazy dog. THe oil is 100% Organic and Non Toxic... it uses essential oils that absorb into the skin and reduce inflammation of the joints and muscles promoting healing. You can check it out at www.mypetfection.com. Use it a couple times a day. Hope this helps!