Leila

Leila has been off and on with the medication: panalog. Does anyone know whether you can put panalog in the eyes?

My vet has recommended me panolog to put in her eyes. Leila has allergies, and her eyes get red and 'goopy' in the dry seasons. I recently googled how to use panolog, since her eyes have just began to flare up again. I read that you aren't supposed to put panolog in the eyes, and to see your vet promptly if it happens! Whats the real answer here?

Asked by Leila on Aug 16th 2010 in Medications

Answers

yes u can put panalog in her eyes

Panalog can be used AROUND the eye lids but is not supposed to be put IN the dog's eye. This is very dangerous since it contains a steroid and if the dog has any injury to her cornea steroids can cause a serious infection and ultimately loss of vision. This would be sort of like putting a skin ointment in YOUR eyes... not something that would be safe at all!!!! Are you sure your vet said IN her eyes and not around the eye lids??? I would check back with them!