leaking waterish diarrhea???

My dogs butt is leaking waterish diarrhea type liquid it smells horrible Almost like a metallic smell. When she jumped of my bed there was a spot with diarrhea. I thought it might go away. im really worried about her! i dont know what this is but should i take her to a vet ASAP!!!

Asked by Member 654975 on Jul 13th 2008 Tagged sick, leaking, poop, diarrhea in Illness & Disease

Answers

How long has she had diarrhea like this?
How old is she?
Is there any blood in her stool?

If you're smelling a "metallic" smell, it is possible that you're smelling blood in her stool. This can be a symptom of many things, but if she is young, the first thing that would come to mind is possibly parvo.

I would definitely take her to the vet as soon as possible.

Sounds to me like she may have full anal glands. You should take her to the vet anyhow of course. But with anal glands he will express them (clean them out)...

Parvo is a smell that will knock you out and will be yellowish. Plus there would be vomiting and lethargy so I doubt it is parvo..

Miss Buddie

I would take her to the vet just to make sure it's nothing serious. Has she been into anything in the house or the yard that might be upsetting her stomach?

I hope she's better very soon.

Miss Buddie answered on 7/14/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer