Just wondering... How long do Ratties (small dog(s) ) live??

I heard/read that they live up to 15 years, is that true??
Also how long is a dog year?? 7 human years??

Asked by Member 494169 on Feb 20th 2008 Tagged howlongdorattieslive, milo, age in Rat Terrier

Best Answer

Gizmo

I don't know for sure how long they live, you could google Rat Terrier information and you should be able to find out. Recently I've read that the first year of a dog's life is equal to 16 human years. Their second year is equal to five human years, and then every year after that is equal to three human years.

Gizmo answered on Feb 20th.

Answers

Haus R.I.P. my boy I miss you

your pretty close I would assume. Most smaller dogs have much longer lives then the big fellas.It is something like 7 years for the first 2 years and 3-5 years there after.i don't really keep those things in my mind becasue they are changing so often.
Just enjoy what you have.

Haus R.I.P. my boy I miss you answered on 2/20/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I do know that smaller dogs generally live longer than big dogs. A little Pomeranian at 7 years is still in his prime, but a Great Dane at that same age is an OLD gentleman.

Duke

Small dogs live longer then big dogs. As long as you keep him healthy then he should live 15 years plus.

It is roughly 1 dog year = 7 human years but that really doesn't mean anything.

Duke "Blue Devil" Ford answered on 2/20/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Ginger Smiles Primm

I have heard that small dogs live over 17 years. (yyyyeeeaaahhh!!!) I also heard that the average lifespan of a boxer is 5 years! Thats like a hamster! Not sure if that is true but I know they have lots of health probs. Shame cause I love the breed.

Ginger Smiles Primm answered on 2/21/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer