Kinley

Is yogurt good for dogs?

Asked by Kinley on Sep 14th 2010 in Food & Nutrition

Answers

A small bit of plain yogurt is fine for dogs. About a tablespoon in his food can help tummy upset & provide some probiotics. You can add mashed bananas or peanut butter & fill a kong, freeze it for a tasty treat.

Zack

I agree with Wiley. A small amount is just fine. Use plain yogurt, with no added flavoring. And be sure it doesn't have any artificial sweeteners. One with live active cultures would be best.

Zack gets a spoonful of yogurt with his breakfast every morning.

Zack answered on 9/14/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Yukon

Kefir is even better than Yoghurt. You can make Kefir yourself too. My dogs love it, plus its really good for the digestion.

Yukon answered on 9/15/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Saydi Sue.

Well, I disagree a little with the others.
A tiny bit is okay, but since it IS a milk product, i wouldn't reccomend it.

Saydi Sue. answered on 9/15/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I give my dog's Chobani yogurt, I give them all the flavors. I give this to them a lot and they are fine.

Maverick

We love yogurt! Mom mixes peanut butter, blueberries, bananas, apples, and other goodies in ours and puts it in ice cube trays in the freezer and makes it into a great easy cookie! Great for summer time! We use the organic low fat kind! Also pumpkin is a good mixer in too!

Maverick answered on 9/17/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Barley

I am with you and a bit nervous on adding a milk product to my dogs diet. I have been told that adding probiotics to Barley's diet could be advantageous. I'm researching products now, has anyone heard of Pro Active Balance? I guess it's a powder supplement you put over your dogs food? www.petprobalance.com

Barley answered on 9/22/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer