Beckett

Is this dog a German Short Haired Pointer? We adopted him from the pound. What do you think?

We adopted this puppy under the title "Lab mix" from the local Humane Society, but I believe he is actually a black German Short Haired Pointer. He has a few spots of white ticking in about 6 spots on his body, and a large spot on this chest which is white. In the sun light his head is a really dark brown. His coat is short and not wavy like a labs. He also points. The only part of him that looks lab to me are his ears which may be too short to be a GSP's ears.

Asked by Beckett on Nov 24th 2012 Tagged breeds, german, pointer, mixed, id, identification, type, breedtype, rescue, humane, humansociety, pound, lab, labrador, black in Breeds

Answers

Charlie Brown Cocoa Puffs

maybe he is crossed with a german. but yeah his ears r definately a labs ears

Charlie Brown Cocoa Puffs answered on 11/24/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Leo

Looks like a black lab mix to me, the face doesn't look very GSP, but who knows. At that age dogs are very "growthy" and it's hard to tell how their build will end up (light like a GSP or heavier like a lab). There are DNA tests that cost about $75 you can get if you really want to know.

Leo answered on 11/24/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer