is there any way to get seameal or nutro in capsule form? It's an ongoing battle to get him to eat with the powder

if my 3 yr old dane even thinks he smells the seameal in his food,he won't touch it.I've tried to put it in cheese, used broth to mix it in, warm water, dry, didn't feed him anything else until he finally ate..meal time has turned into dreaded time. I only give him 1 tsp per big bowl of food.I want him to get all of his vitamins. I'm trying to find a capsule that's as healthy as seameal

Asked by Member 1183635 on Aug 2nd 2013 in Vitamin Supplements

Answers

Have you tried Pill Pockets? They are vet-recommended treats that help dogs to take pills, come in a large capsule size and four flavors (duck, smoke bar-b-q, chicken and peanut butter). You can get them at pet stores and give your dog a couple of empty ones before you try with a pill in it. Do not let the hand that touched the pill touch the outside of the pocket, so your dog does not smell the medicine. ^_^

Have you tried putting sea meal in his food and mixing a lot of high quality wet (canned) food in with his dry food? You can also pour a tad bit of chicken broth and add a tad bit of shredded cottage cheese to the food too. He'd more than likely eat it then.