Is there any place the offers low cost spaying? I can't afford to have my Rat terrier spaid because I'm low income,

Asked by Member 710594 on Feb 17th 2009 in Rat Terrier

Answers

Bear and Bambi - Mommys Angels

Have you checked with your local Humane Society? You can also contact your local shelters and Vets and ask them about spay/neuter vouchers. I am not sure what area you are in but my area offers those. Good Luck!!

Bear and Bambi - Mommys Angels answered on 2/17/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

If you have any small towns near you check with a small town country vet...They make most of their money off of livestock & charge a lot less for basic routine care than bigger city vets do.

Oberon

There's almost always a way to do it for cheap or even free. You just have to start by contacting your county animal control office or local humane society. Depending on where you live there are sometimes groups who do it based on how much money you make or even for free. You can start by googling up "spay clinic" with your county or city name. You can call around to local vets asking if they know of any programs in addition to contacting local feed stores and pet supply stores to see if they know of spay clinics.

Oberon answered on 2/17/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Bandit

Call your humane society, they were the cheapest when I got my dogs fixed. You can also call your local DES (Department of Economical Security) and they have ways for low income families to get there pets fixed very cheap or free, you have to apply though. Or you can call different vets and see if one of them will set up a payment plan with you, some will work with you. Being you have a rat terrier it probably wont be very expensive since he doesn't weigh much, they go by weight when they charge you.

Bandit answered on 2/18/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Kasey

Our SPCA did it before we adopted her. It was $125 but that included the spaying, shots, microchip and adoption fee so I imagine the spaying alone wouldn't be too much at all.

Kasey answered on 3/25/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer