♥Tiffy♥

Is there a website where I can look up my Tiffy's rabies ID number? I looked but couldn't find one.

Whe Tiffy was a puppy, somehow she chewed on her rabies ID tag and some of the numbers aren't legible. Can she get a new tag?

Asked by ♥Tiffy♥ on May 6th 2008 Tagged rabies in Other Pet Products

Best Answer

Risa W-FDM/MF RE RL1 CA CGC

If your Rabies tag is lost or damaged, you can call your vet and get a replacement. I used to work at a vet hospital and stuff like that happened all the time.

Risa W-FDM/MF RE RL1 CA CGC answered on May 6th.

Answers

I don't know about other state's but in our state (TN), you get a new tag and a form the Dr. signs, every year after they get the shot.
If it's almost time for her yearly shot I wouldn't worry about it, and as long as you have the form the vet gave you, you should be fine.

Alex, Tiffy may have had a 3 year rabies shot. My dogs did this year. They each got a little green bell tag.
Tiffy, I'd think that the vet would replace it of you ask them.

Lily

Have you looked on her printout from the office that gave her the shot? Or on her city dog license? Lily's # is on both of these.

Lily answered on 5/6/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

your vet can issue you a new tag. i don't know how recently the shot was given, sometimes they charge a small fee for a replacement tag - but even if you just want to look up the number, you should always have a good rabies tag on your dog. it is also a good idea to have a spare copy of the rabies certificate with you (like in your car) when traveling or just in case if your dog were to happen to get loose they will look for this. every time she gets a shot, they will issue you a new tag and rabies certificate. i don't know of any website, but i think there are sites that help you track your dog, like Home Pet or those kinds of things.