Is there a natual inexpensive way to keep the grass from turning yellow after my dog urinates?

I worry about giving her those tablets with chemicals just so my grass looks nice but right now my yard is a yellow disaster.

Asked by Member 1147982 on Jan 3rd 2013 Tagged grass, yellow, urine in Dogs and a Clean Home

Answers

Mika

I wouldn't suggest giving the dog anything to make your grass look nicer but then again I know nothing about that and have never heard of these tablets....I would not give them. I would expect that when you have a dog that your grass will no longer be the nicest. I have my dogs trained to go to one corner of the yard to do their buisness but they have the rest of the yard to roam in. At least then the whole yard is not covered in urine. This comes in handy when you have kids that are always playing out in the yard as well, I have a 2 year old daughter and she falls a lot when running around so she keeps out of that corner of the yard and no mess then! But I would think that saying goodbye to a perfect yard is part of having dogs :)

Mika answered on 1/3/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Don't give your dog any chemicals or store bought things as these are bad for your dog. I'd rather have my yard look like a herd of elephants lived on it rather than making my dog sick. Though I've heard you can use Apple Cider Vinegar (Organic works best) which should help with the yellow spots and also has a lot of other health benefits (Plus is safe) look online for how much to give for how much your dog weighs.

I use drywall dust on the yard spots. Use ordinary drywall..not treated stuff. Peel off the paper & crush it into powder. Sprinkle on the patches, water in well & the grass will grow back thick & green.