CELESTE

Is my maltese pregnant? I'm trying to find out if it's a false pregnancy or a real pregnancy.

Hello, I believe my maltese is pregnant. She tied successfully many times while she was in estrus. If she is pregnant she would be 35 days pregnant from the first breeding. Soon after she mated a few times, her vulva her vulva turned a dark purple and still is that way and slighty swollen. Her nipples aren't much swollen just her mammary glands are. The color of her nipples keep changing around from pink to her natural skin color then back again. Her ribs have widened. About a week ago I have noticed a clear discharge from her vulva also, and she has been off of her feed and lazy when usually she is a very hyper dog! Please help me figure out if you believe she's pregnant or not. Thanks!

Asked by CELESTE on Oct 7th 2008 in Puppies

Answers

The only true way to tell whether or not she is pregnant is to have her seen by a vet ASAP!!!!!!!!!

Your Vet can rule-out false pregnancy or any other disorder, or definitively let you know if she is, in fact pregnant. While you're there, your vet can further educate you about how to care for a pregnant dog, what to expect pre- and post-parturition, what complications to be aware of, etc.

Please take Celeste to a Vet to be evaluated ASAP.

Yes you need to take your bitch to a vet to find out for sure & yes it will cost you some $!
If she is going off of her feed at 35 days you have trouble there!!!
OMG!!...PLEASE tell me you didn't breed her at 9 months!?!?!...That is just sad.
& you might find some answers here:
www.woodhavenlabs.com

Vet check ASAP.
Erm...best of luck.
Please see:
cookiemiller.tripod.com
My website is about the ethics of dog breeding...something that the general public needs to learn about.

Sadie

I don't know. That does seem young. I would get her to a vet as soon as you can... also she is absolutely adorable. I have a yorkie the same age and just had her spayed which turned into a nightmare...long story...anyway my first choice was to get a maltese. I have wanted one all my life, but we could not find any close to us and I was to afraid to have one flown to me so I got my second choice. I sure hope Celeste will be ok. Please take her as as you can! Let us know how she is!

Sadie answered on 10/7/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer