is my dog sick? his nose is cold and dry. he wont get or eat and drink!

he wont get up or even eat or drink! im VERY worried. hes NEVER acted lik this before!

Asked by Member 644820 on Jun 19th 2008 Tagged none in Illness & Disease

Answers

Well it would be best to take him to a vet to get hime checked out. There isn't much else i can suggest.

♥Juneau♥

Juneau had a similar problem, but it turns out he was just sick from his teeth...they were really dirty and had to be cleaned. For some reason his neck swelled up too. Our vet never really gave us a straight answer, but my suggestion is to get your dog to the vet straight away (I hope you have a better vet then we did! BOL!) so that it doesn't progress into something worse...I really hope your dog turns out to be okay. ;) Good luck!

♥Juneau♥ answered on 6/19/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

~Sophie~

If he is not even drinking, he needs to be seen by a vet immediately. They can go without eating for a day or two, but they must stay hydrated.

~Sophie~ answered on 6/19/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

I second Sophie's advice.

Dogs can be lethargic due to a variety or reasons, and it's not such a big deal if a dog skips a meal or two, but if your dog is not drinking, that's nearly always an emergency because dehydration can kill your dog!

Get him in to the vet now to have him seen!