Thalia

Is my dog a Siberian husky because the pound said she was malamute. But she isn't the right size.

Asked by Thalia on Dec 16th 2012 in Breeds

Answers

Shadow

Often times pounds/shelters are just making an educated guess on breeds, being that they usually come in as strays, drop offs, etc. Your dog could also be a mixed breed.

Shadow answered on 12/18/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Wiggles

Shelters are guessing, I do not take any breed assigned to a dog as the law if it is coming from a shelter....for example my long haired mini dachshund(wiggles) was at a shelter I volunteered for; I was walking through the kennel came up to a kennel full of rottie pups (about 9 weeks) with little Wigs (at 6 mos old) in with them. They had a Long haired mini doxie listed as a rottie mix!!! Shelters are guessing and while their guess is usually around the right area, it cannot be taken as always being correct.

All Mals I have meet have had brown eyes not the blue like most huskies (and your dog) they are also much larger both in height and the amount of bone they have. Your dog looks like a husky (maybe mix) to me.

Wiggles answered on 12/20/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer