SAINT

IS MY DOG A RED NOSE PIT OR A BOXER? PLEASE HELP! I HAVE RESEACHED BOTH BREEDS AND JUST CANT TELL-PLEASE!

THIS DOG WAS FOUND HALF STARVED AND ALMOST DEAD- WE BROUGHT HIM BACK TO A HEALTHY STATE. MY HUSBAND AND I, AS WELL AS SEVERAL FRIENDS SAID THAT HE LOOKED LIKE A BOXER, HIS NAME IS SAINT, BAD THIS DOG WAS MALNOURISHED - ON 3-21-12 HE WAS VACINATED, RABIES AND NEUTERED- HE WAS 28 POUNDS AND THE VET ESTIMATED HIM AT ABOUT 6-7 MONTHS OLD!! I THOUGHT THAT WAS AWFUL!! - THE VET SAID THAT HE WAS A BOXER, HIS ASSISTANT SAID, "NO, THIS DOG IS A PIT!" SO THEY WROTE DOWN ON THE BREED BOXER/PIT MIX. EVERYONE WHO SEES HIM SAYS, "WHAT KIND OF DOG IS THAT?" I SAY, BECAUSE I THINK HE IS, "A BOXER."THERE REPLY IS ALWAYS OH, IT LOOKS LIKE A PIT! HE IS THE SWEETEST AND SMARTEST DOG, HE IS JUST AWESOME AND MY HUSBAND AND I AND OUR 3 GIRLS 4,9, AND 11 ARE IN LOVE WITH HIM. THIS IS DrIVING ME NUTS, EVERY PIC LOOKS DIFF- HE IS STARTING TO BE BRINDLE - I HAVE DONE MY OWN RESEARCH HELP!
www.dogster.com
dogs/1244364 PICS OF HIM

Asked by SAINT on Apr 15th 2012 Tagged boxer, pit, mixedbreed, puppy, pictues, help, vet, brindle, mixed, breedinmixedbreeds in Mixed Breeds

Answers

he deff has boxer in him but he looks like he has pit in him to

Rocket

He definitely has some boxer in him, and probably some Pitt to. If there i sever a Pitt bull ban in your area, he can pass as a boxer.;p

Rocket answered on 4/15/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Shasta

I would say he's an American Staffordshire Terrier [a 'variety' of the 'pit bull'] and Boxer. :)

Best Regards! =D

Shasta answered on 4/15/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Callie (Calliope)

His profile definitely looks like a boxer but he does have a pit bull face. He's very cute.

Callie (Calliope) answered on 4/15/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Maggie Mae

You definitely have a boxer/pit mix.

Maggie Mae answered on 4/15/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Bianca

He looks a lot like Bianca.

We don't know for sure what breeds she is, but based on her looks and temperament, we guess her to be a boxer/pit bull mix, probably intentional, we have several irresponsible breeders here who are breeding that mix. She has physical and personality traits of both types of dogs.

If I had to guess, I would say Saint is also a boxer/pittie mix.

Pit bulls are awesome dogs, you should not be ashamed to own one. They are not the right breed for everyone, but they are excellent pets in the right situation. Just do your research and prepare yourself to be a responsible owner.

Not many people recognize Bianca as a pit bull. But those who do, often say "She looks just like my pit bull, XXXX, and that was the best dog I ever had."

Bianca answered on 4/16/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Markings, ears, eyes, google Red Boston Terrer. They are known for bat ears and the model for a Gremlin? Mixed with some Pit. You have an awesome dog!

A red nose pit bull is NOT a breed. An American Pit Bull Terrier is a breed. Red nose is just a color same for blue nose, brindle, red, white, etc., it's just a color of dog.

Saint looks like an American Pit Bull Terrier/Boxer/Boston Terrier mix.

Gypsy Rose

My friends boston was bred by boxer. She had four pups and they looked like yours their size varied. Her mom has a girl thats boston size she kept the boy whose boxer sized. One other girl is a middle height porker and one tall lanky gal i haven't seen since she was six or so months. They all are a tad hyper but i would bet thats what Saint is.

Gypsy Rose answered on 6/1/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I would suggest paying for a genetic test, which can be done by a simple blood draw at your veterinary clinic. They run about $170 but the info you receive is invaluable. We've had our two mixed breeds tested. The test not only reveals what breed(s) your dog is (and the percentage of each breed), it also shows any possible medical predispositions. Knowing the breed(s) can also help you understand your dog's personality traits.

This dog is definley a red nose pitbull..

Diesel

Boxers have deep chests , while pits have strong stocky muscular bodies. Boston terriers can either be black or chocolate. Your dog definitely has Boston due to its deep dish face and the dead giveaway the ears. Those type ears are not definitive of either the boxer or the American pit bull terrier.Tthe reddish color can come from either being a "Red pit" or from the Boston terrier Chocolate coloring. If your dog has a deep barrel chest tapering into a slim waste it is a Boxer/Boston mix. If there isn't an Obvious deep chest, i would then say Boston /Pit mix. But there is no mistaking the Boston in your dog.

Diesel answered on 10/5/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

i am pretty sure your dog is a boxer it just is a rare color