Osirus

is it safe to feed an alaskan husky boiled (salt and pepper seansonings) red meat?

ok so my alaskan husky has lost some weight, taken to the vet and was told to increase his fed. so i asked my friend who has two champion great dane show dogs and she said to give him table scraps with his food, so i bought his some fajita meat (yesterday) and boiled it (in water) with salt and pepper for seasoning, but it might have made his stomach upset b/c his stoole had no form what-so-ever when i checked him this morning. is it safe to give him this or what should i do?

Asked by Osirus on Aug 16th 2010 in Homemade Food

Answers

Well yes its safe but with all the seasoning i mean it can make a dog sick, put it this way make his stomach upset.just plain mee would probrably be fine.

Raw or cooked meat is safe, but seasoning was not a good idea.

Belle

Yes, its alright. I cook meat all the time for my dogs and they love it. If I use seansinings its only a little bit, not too much. That will cause tummy aches. As for giving dogs raw meat, other people say its alright, but I personally don't do it. Good luck:)

Belle answered on 8/16/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Crash Dynamite

No seasonings! If you want to feed meat, check out the RAW or Homecooked forum to learn how to do it right.

Crash Dynamite answered on 8/23/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer