is it illegal to keep a dog chained up all day and all night?

Asked by Member 1071042 on Nov 15th 2011 in Laws & Legislation

Answers

Lizzie Tan

no,I do not think it is illegal but it is extremely cruel to a dog as they need excercise and love!

Lizzie Tan answered on 11/15/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Sadly, in some areas it is legal. In my area, it is and I can't tell you how many dogs I see that are chained up on a tree or chained in the ground onto a 3 - 5ft chain. I will never understand why people get a dog if they chain it all day, all night. If they can't care for the dog properly, they should give it to someone who cares. Dogs who are chained are more likely to bite and be aggressive than any other dog.

jayda

no not if they have shelter food and water but it is not very nice to do. i don't really see the since in getting an animal if all you are gonna do is look at it thru a window and the only time it see's people is when it is getting fed and watered. kinda pointless. but thats just me i guess.

jayda answered on 11/17/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

In some states it is legal in most it is not.
I would advise that you call your local humane society and ask them, be sure to give every detail you can about the surrounding area.

I had to report someone for doing that and the poor dog was on a 4 foot chain with filthy water and fecices all around it. The humane society went the next day and I temp addopted the dog until I found him a loving home with kids in the Country till day I get pictures and Christmas card.

Sadly to some an animal is just that and considered a part of the family, those people should not have dogs, on the brite side people like us care enough to do something about it.
Please keep us posted