is dairy product good for small dogs?

I have a 4 year old tibitan spaniel. time to time he liks to have milk or yougurt. is it good for him or not?

Asked by Member 1064539 on Oct 18th 2011 in Other Food & Nutrition

Answers

Starbutt

milk tends to give the runs if given a lot but yogurt I hear is good it put good stuff in the gut for digestion, I hear it is plain yogurt through I don't see why I feel yogurt is yogurt but the fuit in it could be that it could give the runs I guess (I AM GUESSING HERE DON'T KNOW) I would not feed a lot of either to your dog. but a little would not hurt for a treat.

Rhayden

Starbutt answered on 10/19/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Alikazam

Milk no. Plain no sweet yogurt yes.

Alikazam answered on 10/19/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Amazing Grace

I suggest using Kefir over plain yogart. It has prebiotic and probiotic cultures which work quicker within the short digestive system. Kefir is usually found next to the yogart at the grocery store. A small amount once a day is what we do for our crew.

Amazing Grace answered on 10/19/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

SNEAKERS

All Dogs are Lactose Intolerant.
I'm really surprised at now many ignore/don't know this, and continue to feed Dairy, when there is evidence that the animal is not processing it.

SNEAKERS answered on 10/19/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Cheese is processed, usually by curdling, which breaks down the lactose and makes it fine for dogs.
Dogs LOVE cheese and it makes a GREAT SNACK!