♥Elise♥

Is cat food bad for puppies? Went over to a neighbor and Elise ate the cat food!

Elise ate the canned and was beginning to eat the dry when I stopped her. I'm not a new dog owner, however, I've never had cats and we were just visiting. Thank you for any assistance you are able to give.

Asked by ♥Elise♥ on Dec 28th 2007 Tagged doberman, puppy, catfood in Food & Nutrition

Best Answer

Well, cat food isn't exactly what you would want to feed a dog permanently, but getting into it just once won't hurt your puppy.

One thing you might expect to see over the next day or so, however, might be an upset tummy, and particularly soft or runny stools. Soft stools are really common in dogs that have gotten into cat food.

Abby answered on Dec 28th.

Answers

Just that little bit shouldn't hurt her, especially since you stopped her, but don't let her make a habit of it. :)

dakoda

no kittie food isnt bad for puppies but its not soemthing you wantt o feed her insted of puppy chow but it wont hurt her unless shes allergic and you woudve seen sighns of that within a day of her eating it so i wouldnt worry about it to much it wont do anything to her shell be ok! i hope i helped

dakoda answered on 12/29/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer