is boiled chicken and rice good for puppies ?

I have bought 2 months old lhasa apso . So can I feed her boiled chicken and rice ? will she get all her required nutrition from it?

Asked by Member 1136535 on Oct 31st 2012 in Homemade Food

Answers

You need to put her on small breed puppy food. It is specially formulated for growing puppies. It has all the vitamins and minerals required to help her grow into a healthy dog.

Ella

I recently took my puppy to the vet because she was ill and he recommended I feed her boiled rice and chicken. So from saying that its fine to feed your puppies that for their diet.

Ella answered on 10/31/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Ella, boiled chicken and rice is a fine short term diet for a recuperating ill dog but in no way is complete enough for a general diet, especially for a growing puppy.
Your puppy will definitely NOT be getting proper minerals such as calcium, phosphorous and others necessary for proper growth and bone development, and should be eating a puppy food designed for growing pups.

Beauty and Nala

I agree with all. The Rice and egg diet is fine if the dog was sick and needs to recoup.This diet for a puppy will not give it what it needs and could lead to other health problems from lack of all essential nutrients. I am no expert as i ask alot of questions myself.

Beauty and Nala answered on 10/31/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Tiara

I also , have only used this for dogs that were not feeling well. I do not think you are going to get everything the dog needs just from these two items. I would look into a good food to feed the puppy along with this. I know we used the Nutro small breed formula when mine was little. She did just fine on it.

Tiara answered on 10/31/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

It is ok for a short-term diet (recovering from stomach bug or other illness) but it is definitely not an appropriate long-term diet. If you are interested in balancing a home-made diet, visit the Home Cooked and/or Raw Diet forums (Community --> Forums).