Haku

Is blue buffalo wilderness okay for puppy?

I am currently feeding Haku on raw meat diet and blue buffalo wilderness salmon. I want a second opinion if it's okay to feed puppy that as it doesn't indicate whether it's for adult or pup.

Asked by Haku on Jun 19th 2013 Tagged bluebuffalo in Pet Food

Answers

You need to get a food that says "puppy" on it, because they need twice the protein and fat. However, if you are feeding a raw diet, you should consult someone in that area about adding dry so that you are not overfeeding. ^_^ I prefer Ultra, and there is a large breed puppy type that is good for the first year of life.

Olivia

Blue Buffalo Wilderness is, in my opinion, the foremost option to a raw diet. With BB you will never be lacking in options to choose from, you should go to their website and use their product selector: www.bluebuffalo.com

Since you have a puppy, you should be buying Blue Buffalo Wilderness Puppy. If you're shopping at a Petco, they don't carry it (I've checked online and many store locations), but PetSmart does, they have the entire line there. Good luck with your puppy!

Olivia answered on 7/11/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

That sounds like a good diet that you have your dog on, stick with it if it works.