in a few years I want to get a poodle. Will mini poodles fit under the seat of a plane? I want to take it on trips.

I'm not ready for a dog yet, but in the future I want to own a poodle of my own. I am caught between a toy and a mini. I have done a lot of research and found that minis are better with kids. However, I also want a dog that can ride with me on a plane.

Asked by Member 933413 on Dec 27th 2009 in Miniature Poodle

Answers

Mini

Seems like you really want to be prepared before you get a dog. That's excellent! One piece of advise I have, consider adopting the perfect dog for you. You can find a poodle or poodle cross that is good with kids, small enough to travel with you and the perfect addition to your family. You'll get everything you want and save a life at the same time.
Good luck to you!

Mini answered on 12/28/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Congrats on doing research! As for taking the dog on a plane...airlines are changing regulations constantly...think about this past weekend! So I am unsure about taking a dog on a plane anymore. I have always had bigger dogs that needed to go in crate/cargo. Please do look into poodle rescue foundations when the time is right for you. They will be able to help you make a pawrfect match!

My mini poodles will NOT fit under a seat in a plane. My toy poodles will, however. That is the only difference in them, as far as mine are concerned. Except for size differences, they are exactly the same. My toys get along fine with kids, just like my minis.

Mercy

A miniature poodle is taller than 10 in. at the shoulders; only a toy would fit under the seat of a plane. We have had poodles for years and flew with our toys; it was worth the added fee. We recently got our Mercy, a miniature, just to have a little more sturdy dog. Also I believe that miniatures are less likely to have the runny, staining tears. From experience, the miniatures can handle children better as far as being more sturdy, but we are making sure Mercy gets lots of exposure to the neighborhood children. I make sure the children don't pick her up or grab at her, because we want her to only have good experiences at this age. We had one toy who would bite any child who was under 4 feet tall due to a bad experience when see was younger.

Mercy answered on 7/11/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer