Winston

Impetigo in canines, is it contagious to humans?

Hi, I work at a dog kennel and recently got impetigo ( staph infection) under my nose. I don't have kids, nor am I near them. I know adults can pick up the virus, and I know dog can have impetigo, I'm just wondering if it's contagious? I wouldn't want to pass it on to the pups ( it's terribly contagious with humans) and I wonder if it is species transferable that that's how I picked it up? I don't know and haven't been able to find any info :S

Asked by Winston on Feb 22nd 2008 Tagged impetigo, contagious in Health & Wellness

Answers

Clay R.I.P. my handsome boy!!

Ya know it has been over 20 years since I have heard of this.I know it is terribly contagious from person to person.Yes dogs can get staph but it would be best to contact both your Dr. and your Vet as well. Alot of times what happens is your Dr will say you got it from the dogs and then your Vet will say that is not true, so you may want to do some googling or ask in the forums about it.I will look it up in my Vet Tech stuff and get back with you if i find anything.

Clay R.I.P. my handsome boy!! answered on 2/22/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer