sasha

im really worried with my pup. on how she will look like. pom or japanese spitz? pls help

photos on her profile. she doesnt have much coat just like other pom and spitz.

Asked by sasha on Dec 12th 2011 in Mixed Breeds

Answers

I think someone goofed if they labeled her part Japanese spitz, I agree she doesn't look like one. Japanese Spitz are always all white dogs. But beyond that she doesn't look quite like one.

Nor does she have the apple head of a Pomeranian.

What she does look like is a Finnish Spitz/Pomeranian mix. She may be all Finnish Spitz, I'm looking at the breed info, but it's hard to tell if a 3 month old puppy falls into the right look, too young yet.
links:
www.dogbreedinfo.com
www.dogbreedinfo.com

Why worry? She is an adorable little mutt and seems to have a spunky personality. CUTE!
Her adult coat won't even begin to show till she is closer to 6 - 9 months of age.

There is absolutely no way, no how anyone on here can predict how your dog is going to look when she grows up!!! And, it won't do you any good to worry about it, either, since you cannot change how she is going to look.
As we said before, half her genes came from a pom and half from a spitz so it is impossible to predict which genes are from which parent. A fluffy coat doesn't show up until the adult coat is in, usually at a minimum of a year old but often not before 18 months to 2 years old.
If you are so worried about what a dog is going to look like maybe next time you should get a purebred dog... they DO grow up to look like what the standard represents, assuming they come from a responsible breeder.
Meanwhile, just enjoy her for what she is and ignore the things you cannot change. You're not going to love her less if she looks more like one parent than the other, right???

Ikan

I would not worry about it , and just love her for what she is no matter what she looks like.

Ikan answered on 12/19/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer