Ruby

I'm looking for quick easy treat recipes to give for my dog. Any ideas??

I'm not a big fan of the oven so I'm looking for quick easy recipes. I can use the oven but I just want some quick easy recipes for my dog. Any ideas??

Asked by Ruby on Dec 2nd 2011 Tagged treats, homemaderecipes, food in Homemade Food

Answers

I'm not sure about recipes that don't involve an oven, but some "human foods" make good treats. Lunch meat is high in sodium, but fine as long as you don't give too much. Dogs are carnivores, so pieces of meat (raw or cooked) are healthy. Some fruits, like carrots, are fine. (No grapes or raisins.) Eggs are good, and in fact raw yokes are known to make for a shiny coat.

Even things like hot dogs, bread crusts, pepperoni, pizza crusts are okay, just not too often.

If using training treats or feeding a lot of them, remember to keep them SMALL to avoid adding extra pounds.

Well, you can make raw dog treats which is what I like to do.

You'll need -

1lb ground beef
2 cups monterey jack cheese
1 cup mild cheddar cheese
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon garlic powder

Mix all together, roll into mini balls and serve to your dog.

Carter

If your dog likes peanut butter this is what you can do.

1 cup of peanut butter(melted)
1 16oz(or smallest size) of yogurt

Mix together and put in either cupcake holders then put in freezer over night. AND/OR put some in a kong and put in the freezer over night.

I made these for my dog and everytime he saw us eating our own cupcakes he thought he was getting his treats.

Carter answered on 4/15/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I make home made bones for my dogs. It consists of 3 cups organic whole wheat flour, 1/4 cup brewers yeast, 1/2 cup olive oil not hydrogenated oils. 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar) , 1/8 cup dried parsley, 1egg, beaten,1-1 1/4 cup milk. Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl then mix the wet ingredients in another the make a well inthe center of the dry and mix with bread dough hook,untill bread dough consistency. Roll out on floured surface and cut into the size pieces you want for your size dog or use a bone shaped cutter. Bake on a cookie sheet for about 25 min at 400 degrees or golden bown . Cool on a rack and store at room temperature, in a container with loose fitting lid. If you don't want the oven I don' t know what to tell you these are easy to make and my dogs love them . They are a healthy treat!!