im looking for a blue heeler puppy and im in las vegas where can i find one?

Asked by Member 848686 on Aug 4th 2011 in Other Adoption & Rescue

Answers

Adopt or rescue an Australian Cattle Dog (also known as Blue Heeler) from a shelter or rescue.

Try Petfinder.com - it's a listing site for shelters and rescues, and a quick look showed me there are hundreds of Heeler puppies and young dogs within a short distance of Las Vegas.

I would make sure this is the right breed for you first, though... ACDs (aka Blue Heelers) are very, VERY driven and energetic dogs, they are a WORKING breed. They often don't do well with a 9-5 lifestyle, or city and apartment living. They need a LOT of exercise and mental stimulation, and can be very destructive if they don't get it. It's also fairly common for them to not get along with other pets and children, because of their herding/chasing instinct. They are called "Heelers" for a reason, they tend to nip the heels of the animals they herd.

If you are still set on one, do some research before you get your puppy!

We recently found a young female blue heeler that had been left in Cottonwood canyon in Summerlin. We are trying to find a home for her. We believe she is about 1 year old and has a wonderful personality. Everyone in the canyon thought she was a coyote at first and were throwing rocks at her.Someone started approching her and realized she was friendly and wanted to play. It took a week or so to finally catch her. Pls let me know if you have any intrest in her.

I just heard about a friend of a friend's dog, a 2 year old boy Blue Heeler that needs a home badly. Please let me know if you are still interested