Zoey

I'm looking for a Bloodhound/Standard Poodle mix.

I live in Cincinnati, and am looking for a mixed Breed Standard Poodle and Bloodhound.

Asked by Zoey on May 24th 2009 Tagged bloodhound, poodle, bloodle, pohound in Mixed Breeds

Answers

Pisces

Why in the world would someone want to breed those two together ON PURPOSE??? Get a poodle OR Bloodhound? Or a Bloodhound mix?? I bet you would find all types of those at a Humane Society or Petfinder. Try there and save a life!

Pisces answered on 5/24/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Try petfinder.com. They have thousands of dogs listed for adoption, many purebreds and mixed breeds.

Winnie

Personally I would not go to a breeder. To mix a bloodhound with a standard is a sign that someone is just looking for money or is clueless about breeding. A standard Poodle and bloodhound mix will be hard to find. Look on petfinder or go to your local shelter. Petfinder will allow you to search local and long distance. The shelter may know of one or can keep their eye out. Your best bet would probably be a poodle hound mix though.

Winnie answered on 5/25/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

While there may be good reasons for some interbreeding, I would be skeptical about a deliberate Poodle/Bloodhound breeding. Perhaps you have a good reason. I agree Pet Finder is good. Also, try both Poodle and Bloodhound breed rescues. These are dogs that lost their home, but were taken into a foster home to be retrained as necessary and placed in the right home for them. You may find a rescue near you starting at www.akc.org The rescues charge a fee to help cover their expenses, but is much less than the price of a puppy plus all its medical expenses the first year.

Watson, In loving memory

You could try your local animal shelter. Somtimes they have a form you could fill out that when a certain kind of dog comes they'll give you a call. Also try Petfinder.com, there are a lot of Standard poodle mixes on there
www.petfinder.com

Whatever you do don't get one from a breeder or pet shop. Any breeder who breeds mutts intentionally is a bad one and buying from a pet shop supports the puppy mills.

Watson, In loving memory answered on 5/27/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I have 6 'Bloodles' (Bloodhound/Standard Poodle Hybrid)for sale.
www.goldiesbloodles.com
Born 8/27/2010
ADORABLE puppies!

Samson

That is a really strange mix. I am not really into mixing the standard poodle with anything - they are wonderful just like they are. Maybe look at your local shelters.

Samson answered on 5/14/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer