If I cross my salt and pepper female ms and my male black ms how will the litter come out?

my female ms is salt and pepper and the male is black how will the puppies come out

Asked by Member 930261 on Dec 14th 2009 in Miniature Schnauzer

Answers

First off, I'm not familiar with the coat patterns of the MS, so I cannot answer your question directly. But read on, there is something else you should know...
Before you breed them, find yourself a good mentor through the American Miniature Schnauzer Club (amsc.us ). A good mentor will be able to answer your questions and guide you down the right path. Breeding is much more than just mating two dogs and caring for the resulting puppies, as you'll soon find out. You'll need at least two years of research behind you first. With a mentor, you'll also be able to gain much needed hands-on experience.

My website is an *introduction* to the world of responsible dog breeding:
cookiemiller.tripod.com
~Tiffany, breeder-in-training

This is a question for your Breed Mentor.

B.J., CGC

They can come out with major health issues UNLESS you get your male AND your female eye certification, x-rays to make sure they don't have legges-calfe perthe disease, and knee certification as well as von Willibrand Disease testing to make sure the pups won't be born bleeders and bleed to death. The last thing breeding is about is color... health and temperament is way more important, and the above health certifications are necessary before breeding any miniature schnauzers. IF both parents carry a gene for any one of those diseases the whole litter can be born blind, crippled or, as mentioned before, bleeders. As for what color the pups may be... assuming all goes well and they actually survive, their color will depend on what colors their parents carry behind them, so you will also need certified pedigrees with colors on both parents to determine that. By the time you spend all the money necessary for these tests, it will be far cheaper to get them both neutered.

B.J., CGC answered on 12/14/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 4 Report this answer

Listen to the other posters. Never just put two dogs together and guess.