if a male dog pees on a female dog more then once are they datting

My male dog pees on a female dog more then once, on his walk. So I know that means he's trying to impress her, but are they dating?

Asked by Member 1092282 on Feb 14th 2012 Tagged pee in Other Behavior & Training

Answers

No he is not trying to impress her, & no they are not dating...both human concepts that do not apply to dogs.

Nibbles

I don't think I or the female dog would be impressed Ha ha. Seriously I tend to walk my two males together and they get too close together and "get" each other. I tell them no. Probally the easiest way to handle this is to walk them seperatly. Are both your does fixed? With a male and a female you need to have this done. Talk to your vet.

Nibbles answered on 2/14/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

They may be bonded to each other in a friendly way, but that has nothing to do with romantic love to an animal, neither do animals love in the romantic sense of the word. If a female has puppies, the male has absolutely no role in it beyond impregnating the female.
To answer your question, though. urinating has little to do with any of that. It's a male instinct. He may be claiming the female as part of his property, that's all I can think of.