I would love to walk my son's bullmastiff, but am nearing my 70's & know he's too strong, would a prong collar help?

I often babysit my son's dog and kids & would love to go walking. Lemmy is strong and loves people & other animals and restraining him is difficult at my age (70). Would one of the prong-type collars help?

Asked by Member 1196618 on Oct 28th 2013 Tagged bullmastiff, walking, toostrong in Leash Walking

Answers

If you are not capable of handling a certain dog without a choke chain, it's not going to help any if the dog takes off because you are going to get hurt. I have a friend who shattered her shoulder from a 45 pound mutt who took off running while she had firmly secured the leash and could not let go in time. Do yourself a favor and get a smaller dog that can be friends with the large one. Your health is the most important thing, and there's no need to take chances when you and the dog both know that he can overpower you in a second. ^_^