I would like to know what is the easiest way to find out my dog's breed?

My newest dog is a stray and I do not know what breed she is. She is a medium - large sized dog. She is brown with white on her paws,she also has a long muzzle,and her ears are floopy. If you know what she is please post an answer.

Asked by Member 1106012 on Apr 15th 2012 Tagged type, dog, brown, white, floopyears, longtail in The Dogster Website

Answers

Remy

Can you post a picture of your dog? That will help more than a description. Also, at some pet stores, they sell DNA kits.

Remy answered on 4/15/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Carter

If her muzzle is long and skinny she could be some form of collie, greyhound,whippet, but i would need a picture for sure.

Carter answered on 4/15/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Shasta

DNA testings I have heard work out for some people.... but other people, they got lousy results for... like one person had a very large dog, and the test results came out with mostly Chihuahua/Shih Tzu/a bunch of other small breeds.

Perhaps if you re-asked this question and got a link to some good photos of her, we Dogsters would be able to take a stab at what she has.

Best Regards! =D

Shasta answered on 4/15/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Ask the question again and post some good pictures of your dog. DNA tests, in my opinion are a waste of money. DNA testing (for dogs) are not accurate whatsoever. I've seen purebred American Pit Bull Terriers get a DNA testing and the results come back as Chihuahua, Glen of Imaal Terrier, Scottish Terrier and Samoyed.