Blaze

i would like to know everybodies oppinion on this new dog food we are trying its grain free?

when we got Blaze her owner at the time was feeding his dogs a grain free dog food i cant remember the name of the food but he said its better for them since his dogs had food allergies and it saves money since its more filling so we bought some grain free as well but its a different kind than what he has so i was wondering what you all think about grain free dog food. it seems to be a big hit with our dogs i feed a small bowl and leave it out from the time i wake up to 5:30-6:00pm at night is when she gets her last meal and i offer her breakfast, lunch, and dinner durring that time i know im not feeding her too much since she is an 8 week old pup and needs her nutrition she eats quite a bit in the morning and at her last meal i let her in at breakfast lunch and dinner other than that she is outside all day with Griffin and Chewy i refill the bowl at night and pick up all the food before i let them in at 9:30-10:00pm since potty training has begun since we got her not alot of accidents

Asked by Blaze on Jul 15th 2012 in Pet Food

Answers

Dogs are carnivores, so do not need grain in their diet. Many dogs have grain allergies &/or sensitivities. Check out the White Paper at www.orijen.ca for an excellent overview of grain free & BARK foods. There are many threads in the Food & Nutrition Forum on the main forums page.

Javi

Grains, like the other member said, are not healthy for dogs.

My dog is a super picky eater, so he's on Bil-Jac. It smells AMAZING and doesn't trigger his corn and other allergies. It's definitely worth spending the extra dollars for higher quality food. It will affect their personality as well as their health, and you will have happier doggies.

Javi answered on 7/15/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Kazba

I feed my dog the grain free food by Nutro and my dogs do real well on it. I have one with seasonal allergies that does better when on grain free. I like the fact that nutro makes their own food and has nothign from China in the food.

Kazba answered on 7/25/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer