I would like to find a dog park where Twinkie can run freely without a leash.

Twinkie is a chihuahua/terrier mix whom I adopted from the Spartanburg Humane Society. She loves to run in the house and she sleeps with me. She is a playful little thing and loves people and other dogs. I would love to find a place where she can run to her little heart's delight without a leash and without the fear of her getting hurt.

Thanks. Ruth

Asked by Member 1004905 on Sep 20th 2010 Tagged fun, play, runfree, enclosed in U.S. Southeast

Answers

Buckeye

The best option you have is to build in a fence. However, that is not the cheapest idea. It would be nice so Twinkie can run and play whenever you let her outside, and you won't have to keep her on a leash as long as the fence is securely closed with no large gaps that she can escape from. You do not have to purchase a fence, though. Just a reccomendation.

Do you know of any dog parks near you? Dogster has a very useful "Local" section where you can look you can enter your zip code, and a list of dog parks or any other dog place you are looking for will come up. Check this out: www.dogster.com

You can simply enter your zip code, choose the "dog parks and dog runs" category.. and hopefully you can find some close dog parks near you!

I am glad that you want Twinkie to have a place to run. Try to take her for daily walks, preferably longer ones.

Good luck! I hope you find something useful!

Buckeye answered on 9/20/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer