i want to send a full size husky from united states to austrail for a buyer how do i go about this ?

sending a husky overseas

Asked by Member 970576 on Mar 4th 2010 in Air Travel

Answers

Call the airline to see what rules they have for shipping dogs overseas. I am sure you will have to have the puppy checked by a vet and have papers to show this. The airline will tell you what kind of crate you need. You may have to pay for a service that will come and the dog out at the airport and then make sure it gets on the right plane depending on where you live. But i would start with the airlines.

Jesse

I have no idea but one thing I do know is that there will be some sort of quarentine as Australia has no rabies. I don't know who you cantact, maybe ask your buyer to find out from their end.

Jesse answered on 3/5/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

You are sending a cold weather dog to a potentially hot climate to a buyer you haven't met in person?

He is buying a dog, sight unseen from the other side of the world?

You are both either very trusting, have fantastic references, or someone doesn't have their head on straight.

No advice from me on flying the dog.

I second Pepper's answer. Bad idea all around, if you ask me.

Also, did you know that many, many dogs die every year from being flown to destinations, even a short distance away?

This sometimes happens because of the stress, but more often, they are put in cargo hold which has no air temperature control, because it's not meant for living creatures. It also can mean bad air pressure control, both of which are fatal at high altitudes.

Think about what a 20 plus hour journey on a plane will be like for YOU let alone a dog who is nervous, scared and has no way to relieve himself except in his crate.

If you absolutely MUST send this poor animal on such a ridiculous long flight just to make a buck, then at least make sure you pick an airline that has planes with areas that are pet transport safe and are pressurized properly and air conditioned properly.

The best thing to do is to refund your buyer's money and save the dog this journey. They can buy a dog closer to them.

Maxi

Wow that's far. I have no idea as to how to do it nor would I.

Maxi answered on 3/5/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer