I want to get a dog, but have been putting it off as I would be out of the house 9-7 Mon- Fri. Any Suggestions?

I live in the west of Ireland, perfect for long walks and jogging. I am an active guy and would like to get a dog to come alone for those walks etc and also for companionship. Due to the hours I work, I don’t know if it would be fair to get a dog and not give it the attention it needs during the week? (Leaving it alone for most of the day) Is there a particular breed that would be suitable for my situation or is it just not suitable?

Asked by Member 1105606 on Apr 13th 2012 in Adoption & Rescue

Answers

It would be ok if you hired a dog walker or put him in doggie daycare.

Callie (Calliope)

I would agree with using a dog walker or day care especially if you go with a high energy breed. Perhaps an older dog vs a puppy as they might fare better being home for longer periods of time. Try using of the breed finders online which will match breeds with lifestyles.

Callie (Calliope) answered on 4/13/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Carter

i wouldnt get a puppy since they wouldnt be potty trained. Your house would become a potty for the dog.

Carter answered on 4/13/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer