i want my dog to have puppies

my dog is a maltipoo she is 2 years about to turn 3 but on july 10th she had her period at what time is she fertile to have puppies her private part is really swollen and she is now wanting to go with male dogs a lot please tell me when she can be fertile please

Asked by Member 1225289 on Jul 11th 2014 Tagged whencanmydogcanbefertile in Pregnancy

Answers

Ramone

Please don't bring any more dogs into this world. There are so many dogs that have to be put down every year because there isn't enough homes for them. Needless to say don't breed if you don't know what your doing.

Ramone answered on 7/12/14. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Yeah, let's not. You don't really sound like you know what you are doing, plus she's a mixed breed -- any genetic health screening done (no I don't mean a checkup at the vet)? Mentored with an experienced breeder for a few years? Do you have a few thousand in funds saved up in case something goes wrong during delivery? There's enough not-well-bred dogs out there already, I don't see the need to add more, especially if you are patently clueless on how it all works. I'm not against breeding when done the right way, but this isn't it. I apologize for my bluntness, however that is really the only way to put it. Best wishes.

Toto, CD, RN, CGC

Hope you have lots of money!!! My last Frenchie litter is a case in point. After a $1500 C-section the mother was very sick. Two of the three puppies died and the third had to be bottle fed around the clock. Yes, every TWO hours, 24 hours a day.
Meanwhile, Mom was sicker and sicker and ended up being hospitalized to the tune of another $2500. She ended up dying.
This was after spending a fortune doing all the pre-breeding health clearances and testing and showing to prove breeding worthiness.
BTW, the surviving puppy has serious bone issues and will never be a "normal" dog.
I AM a breeder and know what to expect and how to deal with it. You do not even know when your dog is ready to breed... you have no business breeding this dog, get her spayed before she ends up with mammary cancer or pyometria!!!

Toto, CD, RN, CGC answered on 7/19/14. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer