Barleycorn

I volunteer at animal shelter. Where can I find a tunnel for enrichment? -- one that can be left outside in So. Oregon.

I know I can get agility tunnels that are pretty sturdy, but they are make of material that will deteriorate in the winter weather. I need one that can be fixed to drain moisture, too.

Asked by Barleycorn on Mar 5th 2013 Tagged enrichment, agility, equipment, tunnel in Other Adoption & Rescue

Answers

Jasper

Search for restaraunt supply firms in your area. I located plastic barrels that had been used for molasses, then sanitized. They come in different sizes, and the units I've observed usually run $15 or so. You might have to cut top and bottom off, but great starting point. You might consider metal barrels but they reflect temperature.

Jasper answered on 3/5/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

SNEAKERS

Depending on what size your Dog is, you could get some thin wall plastic (pvc) pipe. Drill some small drain holes in the bottom of it, and run it as far as you want. They make that stuff from 1/4" to 6' in diameter. And it will last forever.

SNEAKERS answered on 3/5/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer