I took my dog to the vet yesterday because he was squinting his right eye shut and rubbing it with his paw and everytime

I took my dog to the vet yesterday because he was squinting his right eye shut and rubbing it with his paw and yelping everytime he rubbed it. The vet said he had a scratch on his cornea and gave me cream to apply 2wice a day. I applied it 2wice yesterday and 1nce so far today. There doesn't seem to be any signs of improvement, it kind of looks a little worse in my opinion, and he's become very lethargic, which is completely out of character as my dog is overly hyper. I know his condition can be very painful for any dog, does anyone think that's why he's become lethargic. The cream i have is for 10 days, I don't know if I should wait a couple days to see if it gets better or take him in to another vet for a 2nd opinion. Am I being to paranoid?

Asked by Member 828809 on Apr 21st 2009 in Health & Wellness

Answers

colloidial silver will work great you dog will not scratch at its eye again just put 3-5 drops of colloidial silver directly in the dogs eye and will stop pawing at the eye.

Oh, boy...HE should not be lethargic... Please call the vet -
Most of the time a scratched cornnea takes 3-4 weeks to fully heal. Again, please call the vet ...? adverse reaction to the cream?( it may be a mix of antibiotic and steroid.)

Do not put anything into your dogs eye that is NOT prescribed by your vet, especially when there is an obvious injury.
It's okay to be paranoid when it comes to our fur babies. When in doubt, take him back to the vet. A quick vet visit will set your mind at ease and your heart will no longer worry.
Hopefully, he feels better very quickly.

Yes, not only the dog, but its eye and perhaps a bad reaction, be paranoid. I hope it can wait until morning.