i think my dog ate hot holepeno peppers
someone gave him a sub with these on there i just found out now hes yelping when u touch his belly andis there anything i can give him till vet opens monday morning
on Jan 31st 2009
in Food & Nutrition
- Cast your vote for which answer you think is best!
Jalapenos are not poisonous for dogs, but they shouldn't be fed regardless.
Most dogs don't have this reaction, so he may be having an allergic reaction.
Look up an emergency vet online or in a phone book and ask them if you need to bring him in or is it ok to wait until Monday.
Zackintosh CJ answered on 1/31/09. Helpful? / 0
Onions are highly toxic to dogs, so if there were any onions on the sub, he could be suffering from onion poisoning.
When a dog gets into somethign he's not supposed to, usually he'll vomit or have diarrhea and you'll hear a lot of rumbling from the stomach or he'll act tired or fatigued from stomach discomfort.
Touching the stomach and having the dog yelp in pain is something VASTLY different and I'd highly recommend taking him to a 24 hour ER vet or finding a vet open on the weekend rather than waiting until Monday.
In addition to certain food toxciity, dogs who ingest too much fatty food, either acutely or chronically (short term, once or over long period of time) are at high risk for a very serious condition called pancreatitis. Fatty foods like subs can cause this and it needs to be treated by a vet immediately. Pain on palpation of the tummy or torso is a symptom, so I'd urge you to rule this out first. Better safe than sorry.
Hope Kane is better soon!
Jack answered on 1/31/09. Helpful? / 0