Scooter

I need to make a lion's mane for my 13 pound dog. We have 2 Halloween events. We have the contest at Petsmart and then a

Asked by Scooter on Aug 28th 2010 in Apparel

Best Answer

Gidget

Depending on how extravagant you want to get, you can buy hair extenstions at your local beauty mart. You can sew the bands onto a heavy duty cording,sew the ends together as to make a collar, then cut to the desired look you are going for. When it is finished, it should fit loosely around the neck, and it shouldn't cause your dog any discomfort. Or you can use velcro on the ends to be able to adjust the fit. This will keep you from having to attach anything to your dogs coat or skin that could be toxic and hard to get out or just irritable for your dog. I'm sure the judges will take into consideration the discomofort or inhumane treatment of all the dogs in the contest.

Human hair extensions are more expensive than synthetic, but you can wash them, fluff them, color them, curl them and probably have a more natural looking mane. (Well as natural as a 13 lb dog could look wearing a mane, LOL)

Good luck. Hope Scooter wins the contest. Post pics of results.

Gidget answered on Aug 29th.

Answers

The Lovely Miss Silvia(AKC)

I found this and thought it might help.
puppyintraining.com
Please let me know if it works!

The Lovely Miss Silvia(AKC) answered on 8/28/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer