Mosby

I need help with my crying puppy (12wks old)!

Mosby has been with us for about a week now. Sometimes he whines a little when we leave him at home in his kennel. But today he SCREAMED and cried and cried and I didn't know what to do. I felt so bad and I live in an apartment and I don't want people to get mad at him.
I'm afraid that he is too dependent, or going to be, even though I know he is a puppy. He whines even when we are home if we go into another room or he can't see you. I just want to know the right way to deal with this behavior so that we can all be happy!

Asked by Mosby on Jan 5th 2012 Tagged crying, puppy, alone in Behavior & Training

Best Answer

Koby

I don't remember the name of it, but I saw these things that are kind of like toys. They mimic the sounds of the mother dog, like the heart beat. Maybe someone here will know the name of it. You can also give him a warm hot water bottle wrapped in a towel. When he gets bigger he might chew it and you might have to take it away. Also, do you give him plenty of toys? You can stuff Kongs with treats or peanut butter to keep him busy. Puzzle toys are good to keep him busy when he's a little older. Good Luck with your pup!

Koby answered on Jan 5th.

Answers

Rocky

I agree with the other post at walmart they have a bear that has a heart beat sound to it that may help alot. Even leaving the tv or some music on, and always some toys to cuddie with to make him feel safe, my dog did that the 1st few week

Rocky answered on 1/5/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

SnugglePuppie is the product being referred to. It has a real feel heart beat (with an on/off switch) and warmer packs. They work great for puppies and adult dogs(rescue too) with separation concerns.