I need help with a dog that is scared of cars and water immediatly!?

My dog is an Australian Shepherd. She is two years old. I love her to death. We just got her last week. My dad uses her for his work. Thing is, she is deathly afraid of cars. She needs to be able to ride in cars at least ten times a day. She does not like water, but my dad's work involves a lake.
Please, please, please help me! If she doesn't get over this, my dad is getting rid of her! I love her! Please help me!!?!

Asked by Member 1133918 on Oct 2nd 2012 Tagged water, cars, help, please, love, behavior, sweet in Behavior & Training

Answers

This isn't something you can fix over night. It will take some time and patience. Try using treats to coax her into the car. It has to be something she would die for. Something really yummy. It would also help if you had another dog that isn't afraid of cars. Put the other dog in the car and feed it treats in front of your dog. Don't give yours any unless she moves toward the car. You can also feed her in the car. You can also do the same thing with the lake. She may have had a bad experience with those two things or she's just not used to them and they look scary. Good Luck with her.