Snoopy

I need a very sturdy dog toy

What kind of toy can i get snoopy that he wont be able to destory?He mangled a petsmart tennis ball that was much harder and thicker then a normal tennis ball.He had a 7inch LARGE breed dog bone toy that was also destroyed and it is now only 2inches.I then attempted to give him a baseball to play with i thought he was doing good with it and its a good toy for him i go and pick it up and one half of the ball was just ripped to shreds.Today we bought a tug of war rope that had a tennis ball attached to it we turned our back for two minutes and the ball was destroyed.I need a very durable dog toy for him he is getting a bit more mischevious now that he doesnt have stuff to chew on.I give him as much exercise as i possibly can during the day and he takes a half hour nap then gets up and it is play time again.I have to say snoopy is the strongest 23lb dog i have ever met and has a strong grip and obviously strong jaws.Im out of ideas for toys i could give him.

Thankyou

Asked by Snoopy on Feb 27th 2011 in Exercise & Play

Answers

Have you tried Nylabones? My dog doesn't like plastic stuff, but some dogs really go for it. And they're supposedly pretty darn tough. I'm not surprised the tennis balls bit the dust, they're really for playing fetch with, and the rope one for tugging, NOT chewing. Chewing tennis balls is bad for dogs teeth too, it's like sand paper and wears them down.

Also, have you tried real bones, or antlers? Most dogs LOVE these, and they last a long time. antlers are kinda spendy unless you know a hunter or find some in the woods, but bones are cheap, especially raw ones from the butcher.

Saydi Sue.

KONG.
Only a few dogs have been able to chew through them. We are soon getting one for Saydi, who can also chew through just about anything.

Saydi Sue. answered on 2/28/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Quigley

Extreme Kong Toys (black in color), but not the "Beast" Kong toys, though. These, and the rubber Chuck-It balls are what's lasted our pup the longest. Anything else needs a VERY VERY close eye to prevent major damage, or even eating of the toy. (My dog has eaten quite a few of his toys. Thankfully, he hasn't had any major problems, and just threw up a (long) while afterwards.)

Quigley answered on 2/28/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Here are strong dog toys -

Kong
Mammoth Dog Products
Nylabone
Tug A Jug Dog Toy
Talk To Me Treat Ball
Good Cuz
Twist N Treat
Busy Buddy
Tuffie's Dog Toys
Unbreakaball
West Paw's Huck A Hurley
Tough Chews

Bully sticks are great for dogs who like to chew.

Antlers. I had a bulldog growing up and the only thing he couldn't crack/completely destroy were antlers (just make sure you look for quality/real ones). Personally ones dried out from the last hunt are perfect but for non-hunting familes you can obtain them from regular stores I think. :)