I live in South Africa and am not familiar with the term 'crate' when applied to dogs. What is it and how is it used?

I have read many articles and books, which refer to a crate as, for example, a dog's safe place, or something to be used to transport a dog in a car (which sounds quite dangerous to me so I can only assume that I misunderstand the term). In South Africa I have not yet come across anyone who has a crate inside for their dog. Dogs have kennels outside and inside have beds. Puppies might stay in crates while they are tiny but adult dogs not. Please help; it might be useful for me when training my dog.

Asked by Member 1140596 on Nov 14th 2012 Tagged crate in Crate Training

Answers

Koby

Creates are portable cages that are used for training and to keep dogs safe in stressful situations. They come in all sizes and are made out of plastic or metal. We use crates for our dogs. When they are used correctly, the dogs don't fear them. Some dogs actually use them as a safe place to go when they are scared or if they just need a break away from a busy situation. Koby goes and takes a nap in his every day, with the door open. They are very useful when potty training. Good Luck and I hope I answered your question.

Koby answered on 11/14/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer