I live in Arizona. I am concerned about burning my paws on the sidewalks.

This hasn't happened yet but my owners seem to be concerned about this since its getting warmer and its my first summer here. What do they need to look for and do to prevent my paws from being too hot on the sidewalks.

Asked by Member 1167481 on Apr 27th 2013 Tagged paws, burn in Emergencies & First Aid

Answers

Caspian

Some people put rubber boots on their dogs but I don't think any dog would want boots on their paws. Try walking in the shade. Dogs paws will get rougher the longer they walk in hot surfaces. There is really no way to completely protect your dogs paws.

Caspian answered on 5/13/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Logan

Hi there. I live in Texas, and in the summers, the pavement is really bad here. You should not be walked during the hottest hours, (here that is from around 3pm til 6pm or so). Try to get used to going out in the morning, around noon or so, then not til evening again. Another thing to do is try to find a really nice paw balm, it will help protect your paws a bit. Good luck!

Logan answered on 6/24/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer