I just got an 8 yr old female min. poodle. how often do i need to groom her and bathe her?

Asked by Member 1116659 on Jun 20th 2012 Tagged bath, grooming in Home Grooming

Answers

I think most groomers recommend every 6 weeks or so, depending on what cut you want and how picky you are. If you're not experienced with grooming, you should probably take her to a professional groomer- Poodles are tricky to groom right. Even if you use a pro, you should be giving her a thorough brush-out at least weekly, unless you keep her shaved very short. Poodle hair tangles and mats up very easily.

I bathe my poodles every two to three weeks, they are brushed daily (at least the ears and the tails and any other longer hair), and I groom them completely every four to five weeks.
However, most of my grooming clients at my salon are groomed every five to six weeks, and only bathed then.

Kimmiee

I would brush her daily and take her to pros every month to every six months

Kimmiee answered on 6/21/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer